Welcome to the Poonawala Lab website. Our lab aims to develop automated algorithms that robots use to design provably safe controllers for unseen environments using data, without human intervention. Current algorithms that provide all three features (provably safe, data-driven, human-oversight-free) in their controllers are highly application specific. We believe that expertise in machine learning, dynamics, control theory, and artificial intelligence is critical to developing more general algorithms.
Our current work focuses on robot navigation and manipulation. More information can be found on our research page.
Research Opportunities: See here for openings.
- Jan 4, 2021 New Lab Members
- Dec 10, 2020 Letters of The Control Systems Society
- Dec 5, 2020 Automatica
- Nov 30, 2020 UK Igniting Research Collaborations Grant on AI Coaching Systems
- Aug 20, 2020 NASA Graduate Fellowship on AI in Thermofluidic simulations
- Mar 1, 2020 Department of Energy Grant For AI in Manufacturing
- Jul 28, 2019 Allerton Conference Workshop
- Jul 15, 2019 Conference on Decision and Control
subscribe via RSS